Terms of Service
Effective Date: July 8, 2020
As a ShopSmarter® member, you can get Cash Back on the purchases you make at 1,000+ participating online stores, plus unlimited access to coupon deals from those stores, subject to the terms and conditions below.
10% CASH BACK
As a ShopSmarter member, you can enjoy 10% Cash Back on online purchases made at 1,000+ retailers via the program website. You also have the chance to earn 20% Cash Back at a number of stores during our limited-time promotions. All Cash Back eligibility is subject to the following terms and conditions:
- For your purchase to be eligible for Cash Back, you must click one of the shopping links provided, via either a coupon deal or a “Shop Now” button on a participating store’s page on ShopSmarter. The participating store’s website will open automatically in a new tab on your browser window. You must complete your purchase within the new tab that opens to be eligible for Cash Back. Failure to do so will make your purchase ineligible for Cash Back
- Limited-time promotions for 20% Cash Back are only available to members in the United States.
- If you live in the United States, only purchases through a “.com” website are eligible for Cash Back. If you live in Canada, only purchases through a “.ca” website are eligible for Cash Back. Check to make sure the store’s website includes the proper extension before finalizing your purchase.
- All members in both the United States and Canada are billed for their membership and paid out for their earnings in US Dollars (USD).
Please be aware of the following guidelines for Cash Back eligible purchases:
- ShopSmarter receives information about your purchases from our participating stores, allowing us to offer you Cash Back on your purchases. We determine, at our sole discretion, whether or not a purchase made through a ShopSmarter participating store is eligible for Cash Back. We reserve the right to deem a purchase ineligible for Cash Back if a participating store does not report an order to ShopSmarter or if it withholds payment to us for any reason.
- We reserve the right to delay or withhold Cash Back payment(s) if we have any reason to suspect that your account is associated with fraudulent activity or in violation of these Terms or any law. By joining ShopSmarter and accessing your benefits, you give ShopSmarter permission to review your account with participating stores whenever we suspect fraudulent or inappropriate activity.
- There are any number of reasons why a participating store may not report a purchase to us, including but not limited to the following actions on your part:
- You visit a store's website without first visiting ShopSmarter links.
- You make a purchase in a browser window or tab other than the one that opened when you clicked a ShopSmarter link.
- You make multiple purchases without returning to our website.
- You change, cancel, or return your purchase from a participating store.
- You don’t abide by the Cash Back restrictions imposed by a participating store. You can view Cash Back restrictions at a participating store by visiting that store’s ShopSmarter page.
- You click on a participating store’s link from a different website, thereby causing your purchase to be credited to that website instead of ShopSmarter.
- You have a variety of tabs open for a participating store, and you make your purchase in a tab other than the one that opened when you clicked on a ShopSmarter shopping link.
- You make multiple purchases across several stores while using a single shopping cart provided by a "parent" company to these various stores. To be eligible for Cash Back, you can only make purchases at one store at a time when shopping through ShopSmarter.
- You type a new web address (URL) in the browser tab that opened after you clicked on a ShopSmarter shopping link.
Any of these actions would make your purchase ineligible for Cash Back.
- Any order that is returned will not be eligible for Cash Back.
- Any order that we deem, in our sole discretion, a high-volume/reseller order will not be eligible for Cash Back. ShopSmarter membership benefits are only available to personal, non-commercial purchasers.
- Purchases of gift cards and/or e-gift cards are not eligible for Cash Back.
- Purchases of Apple products will not be eligible for Cash Back.
- If any item in your order is purchased with a gift card, store credit, or store "cash", that purchase, in its entirety, will not be eligible for Cash Back.
- Purchases that contain items "shipped to store" are not eligible for Cash Back. To be eligible for Cash Back, every item in your purchase must be shipped to a residential, non-retail address.
- Purchases that are billed to a mailing address that doesn't match the mailing address registered in our member record are not eligible for Cash Back.
- You can earn up to a maximum of $1,000 in Cash Back through ShopSmarter each membership year. Please note that this $1,000 maximum includes Cash Back earned via the standard 10% Cash Back benefit as well as Cash Back earned through other offers (including but not limited to 20% Cash Back promotions at specific stores and/or during specific time periods) available through ShopSmarter. Once your total Cash Back earnings reach $1,000 during any membership year, you will not be eligible to receive Cash Back on ShopSmarter purchases until the first day of your next membership year.
- From time to time, ShopSmarter offers special promotions, including deals through which members can earn more than 10% Cash Back during specific time periods and/or at specific stores. As noted above, the Cash Back earned through these promotions will count toward a member’s $1,000 annual maximum in Cash Back earnings. Please note that all start times and/or deadlines for these and other promotions use Eastern Time Zone (ET) hours. For example, if promotional material says that a 20% Cash Back offer will end at midnight on a certain date, the offer will end at midnight ET on that date; any purchase made after midnight ET on the promotion’s end date will not be eligible for 20% Cash Back.
- Cash Back is applied to the sub-total amount you pay for an eligible purchase, not including taxes and other charges. If your purchase price is reduced by any deal(s), discount(s) or coupon(s) from ShopSmarter, the Cash Back offer will be calculated using the final sub-total amount you paid after all discounts were applied.
- Your Cash Back for any eligible purchase will be credited to your ShopSmarter Savings once the store notifies us of your purchase. Notification typically takes up to 7 business days, but it can take longer if, for example, the item you bought is on back-order. You have 30 days from the date of your original purchase to inform us about any purchases missing from your Savings. You can check the status of your Cash Back earnings by viewing your Savings Activity on your Savings page.
- You will receive a check by mail every month for all eligible Cash Back earnings. The check will cover the total amount of Cash Back earned from purchases made the previous month. Please allow 2-3 weeks for payment processing at the end of each month.
- As long as your purchase(s) are made while you're an active ShopSmarter member, you will still earn Cash Back on your eligible purchase(s) even if you cancel your membership after you make your purchase(s).
As a member, you have unlimited access to exclusive coupon deals at 1,000+ online stores, which can help you save on purchases made at participating stores through the ShopSmarter website, subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Purchases made using deals or coupon codes that are not displayed on a participating store's ShopSmarter page at the time of your transaction may not be eligible for Cash Back. To ensure that your purchase will be eligible for Cash Back, only use the coupon deals found on a participating store's ShopSmarter page.
- To be eligible for instant free shipping, your purchase must be made via the specific coupon or deal provided on the store's ShopSmarter page. Purchases made at a participating store that were not initiated via a shopping link from our website and made in the new tab that opens automatically will not be honored.
- To redeem some instant free shipping and discount deals, you may need to enter an exclusive coupon code during the checkout process.
- A store's status as an instant free shipping store can change without notice.
- Instant free shipping deals may vary, and they don’t necessarily include shipping upgrades, handling fees, insurance, or any other shipment-related charges. Please be sure to read the specific terms of the store's instant free shipping offer.
- Coupon deal expiration dates will vary and are subject to change without notice.
- Certain restrictions may apply to coupon deals; these restrictions are displayed when you click on a specific store’s coupon deal. Clicking the coupon deal doesn’t obligate you to accept the offer, but applying the code at checkout and completing the transaction signifies that you agree to the offer terms.
- Coupon offers shown on your member homepage may not be available in Canada.