As a ShopSmarter member, you can receive 10% cash back on online purchases you make at over 1,000 participating retailers, as well as unlimited access to coupon offers from those retailers, subject to the terms and conditions below.
10% CASH BACK
As a ShopSmarter member, you can enjoy 10% cash back on online purchases made at over 1,000 retailers via the program website, subject to the following terms and conditions:
- For your purchase to be eligible for 10% cash back, you must click one of the links provided on the ShopSmarter website, successfully connect to the participating retailer's site via that click, and use that browser window to complete your purchase during the same session created by your initial click-through to the participating retailer's site. Failure to do so will make your purchase ineligible for cash back.
- To be eligible for 10% cash back, your order must be placed on a U.S.-based website (which use .com extensions); orders placed on Canadian websites (which use .ca extensions) or other domains associated with a non-U.S. country are not eligible for 10% cash back. Please note that if you choose to have your purchase shipped to Canada, you may be re-directed to the retailer's .ca site, in which case your purchase will not be eligible for 10% cash back.
Please be aware of the following guidelines for cash-back qualifying purchases:
- ShopSmarter receives all of your cash-back purchase data from our participating retailers. We determine, at our sole discretion, whether or not a purchase made through a ShopSmarter participating retailer qualifies for cash back. We reserve the right to deem a purchase ineligible for cash back if a participating retailer does not report an order to ShopSmarter or if it withholds payment to us for any reason.
- We reserve the right to delay or withhold cash-back payment(s) if we have any reason to suspect that your account is associated with fraudulent activity or in violation of these Terms or any law. By joining ShopSmarter and accessing your benefits, you give ShopSmarter permission to review your account with participating retailers whenever we suspect fraudulent or inappropriate activity.
- Please note that there are any number of reasons why a participating retailer may not report a purchase to us, including but not limited to the following actions on your part:
- You visit a retailer’s website without using ShopSmarter links.
- You make a purchase in a browser window other than the one that opened when you clicked a ShopSmarter link.
- You make multiple purchases without returning to our website.
- You ask a participating store to change, cancel, or return an order.
- You don’t abide by the restrictions imposed by a participating retailer. To view a participating retailer’s restrictions, please click the cash-back restrictions link on that retailer’s ShopSmarter page, or click the “Cash-Back Restrictions” footer link on the program website.
- You click on a participating retailer’s link from a different website, thereby causing your purchase to be credited to that website.
- You have a variety of tabs open for a participating retailer, and you make your purchase in a browser window other than the one that opened when you clicked on a ShopSmarter link.
- You make multiple purchases across several brand retailers while using a single shopping cart provided by a "parent" company to these various brands. (To be eligible for 10% cash back, you can only make purchases at one retailer at a time when shopping through ShopSmarter links.)
- You type a new address (URL) in the window that opened when you clicked on a ShopSmarter participating retailer link.
- Any order that is returned will not be eligible for 10% cash back.
- Any order that we deem, in our sole discretion, a high-volume/reseller order will not be eligible for 10% cash back. ShopSmarter membership benefits are only available to personal, non-commercial purchasers.
- Purchases of gift cards and/or e-gift cards are ineligible for 10% cash back.
- Purchases of Apple products will not be eligible for 10% cash back.
- Purchases that are paid for with gift cards, store credit, or store “cash” are ineligible for 10% cash back.
- Purchases that are "shipped to store" are ineligible for 10% cash back. To qualify for 10% cash back, your purchase must be shipped to a residential, non-retail address.
- Purchases that are billed to a mailing address that doesn't match the mailing address registered in our member record are ineligible for 10% cash back.
- You can earn up to a maximum of $1,000 in cash back through ShopSmarter each membership year. Please note that this $1,000 maximum includes cash back earned via the standard 10% cash-back benefit as well as cash back earned through other offers (including but not limited to 20% cash-back promotions at specific retailers and/or during specific time periods) available through ShopSmarter. Once your total cash-back earnings reach $1,000 during any membership year, you will not be eligible to receive cash back on ShopSmarter purchases until the first day of your next membership year.
- From time to time, ShopSmarter offers special promotions, including deals through which members can earn more than 10% cash back during specific time periods and/or at specific retailers. As noted above, the cash back earned through these promotions will count toward a member’s $1,000 annual maximum in cash-back earnings. Please note that all start times and/or deadlines for these and other promotions use Eastern Time Zone (ET) hours. For example, if promotional material says that a 20% cash-back offer will end at midnight on a certain date, the offer will end at midnight ET on that date; any purchase made after midnight ET on the promotion’s end date will not be eligible for 20% cash back.
- The 10% cash-back offer is applied to the sub-total amount you pay for a qualifying purchase, not including taxes and other charges. If your purchase price is reduced by a retailer's discount(s) or other deal(s), the 10% cash-back offer will be calculated using the final sub-total amount you paid after all discounts were applied.
- Your 10% cash back for any single qualifying purchase will be credited to your Savings Center account once the retailer notifies us of your purchase. Notification typically takes up to 7 business days, but it can take longer if, for example, the item you bought is on back-order. You have 30 days from the date of your original purchase to inform us about any purchases missing from your Savings Center. You can review the status of any cash-back purchase at any time by visiting your Savings Center.
- As long as you're eligible, you will receive a 10% cash-back check by mail every three months of the calendar year, not your membership year. The check will cover the total amount of cash back you've earned in the previous quarter of the calendar year. Please allow 2-3 weeks after the end of each quarter for payment processing. Approximate payment dates are as follows:
- As long as your eligible purchase(s) are made while you're an active ShopSmarter member, you can still earn 10% cash back on your purchase(s) even if you cancel your membership after your purchase(s).
Any of these actions would make your purchase ineligible for 10% cash back.
|Purchase Period||Estimated Payment Date|
|Jan 1 - Mar 31||Apr 15|
|Apr 1 - June 30||July 15|
|July 1 - Sept 30||Oct 15|
|Oct 1 - Dec 31||Jan 15|
As a member, you have unlimited access to our exclusive coupons at over 1,000 online retailers, which can help you save on shipping costs and/or receive additional savings on purchases made through the ShopSmarter website at our participating retailers, subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Purchases made using coupons or coupon codes that are not displayed on a participating retailer's ShopSmarter page at the time of your transaction may not be eligible for 10% cash back. To ensure that your purchase will be eligible for 10% cash back, only use the coupon offers found on a participating retailer's ShopSmarter page.
- To be eligible for instant free shipping, your purchase must be made via the specific link provided on the retailer's ShopSmarter page. Purchases made at a participating retailer that were not initiated via a link from our website and made in the browser window that opens from that link will not be honored.
- To redeem some instant free shipping and discount offers, you may need to enter an exclusive coupon code during the checkout process.
- A retailer's status as an instant free shipping retailer can change without notice.
- Instant free shipping offers often vary, and they don’t necessarily include shipping upgrades, handling fees, insurance, or any other shipment-related charges. Please be sure to read the specific terms of the retailer's offer.
- Coupon offer expiration dates will vary and are subject to change without notice.
- Certain restrictions may apply to coupon offers; these restrictions are displayed when you click the "Visit Store" button on a specific retailer's coupon. Clicking the button doesn’t obligate you to accept the offer, but applying the coupon offer at checkout and completing the transaction signifies that you agree to the offer terms.